At Bioniva Orthotics & Medical Supplies we offer a range of compression products based on style and compression strength:
- 15-20mmHg (Eversheer, Soft Opaque, Advance Armsleeve, Allure)
- 20-30mmHg (Cotton, Select Comfort, Truly Transparent, Cushioned Cotton, EverSheer, Soft Opaque, Merino Wool, Allure, Advance Armsleeve)
- 30-40mmHg (Cotton, Select Comfort, Truly Transparent, Natural Rubber, EverSheer, Soft Opaque, Advance Armsleeve)
- 40-50mmHg (Natural Rubber)
- 50-60mmHg (Natural Rubber)
Leg problems are widespread throughout the world, but what many people don’t know is that 20-25 million Americans have varicose veins, according to the Vascular Disease Foundation. A study showed an additional 33% of women and 17% of men have venous problems. Venous circulation problems can progressively worsen over time and can affect your health and quality of life. Wearing graduated compression garments can help.
Risk Factors for Venous Disorders:
- Age over 40
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Long distance travel
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Surgery or trauma
- Infectious disease
- Use of hormone medication
Symptoms of Venous Disorders:
- Heavy, tired, or aching legs
- Initial signs of varicose veins
- A feeling of tension, cramps, or fatigue in your legs
- Swollen ankles/feet
- Spider veins
- Skin discoloration or problems
- Leg Ulcer
Leg Health Tips
How to Play Your Part to Keep Your Legs Healthy:
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time. Our circulation improves with physical activity, so GET UP! Take a short walk, climb stairs, or make an effort to move around the office and at home.
- After a long tiring day, especially during the summer, revitalize your legs with a cool shower or bath. Avoid extended exposure to heat from sunbathing, hot baths, or the sauna as excessive heat will cause your veins to dilate and may induce swelling.
- Elevate your legs. To boost your body’s natural circulation, elevate your legs while you are sitting on the sofa or lying in bed at home. At the office, keep a leg rest under your desk.
- Work out. Regular exercise helps keep your body healthy. Some sports are better for improving circulation, such as swimming, walking, biking and yoga.
- Control your weight. When you manage your weight through a healthy diet and regular exercise, you are more likely to have less leg symptoms and/or less swelling.
- Wear graduated compression socks and stockings. SIG VARIS quality compression socks and stockings improve venous circulation to prevent and treat venous problems.
SIGVARIS has an assortment of products designed to fit your lifestyle. These products can help improve your circulation, increase your energy and aid in keeping your legs healthy. SIGVARIS guarantees the compression level in its products for 6 months.
SIGVARIS graduated compression is medicine you wear. Patients who benefit from graduated compression include:
- People who stand or sit for long periods of time daily
- People who have been prescribed anticoagulants
- People who travel
- Women who are pregnant
- People who have had a Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- People who experience swelling in their legs and feet
- People with varicose and/or spider veins